Click here to read our Careers Advice and Guidance document
Click here to read the destinations of our 2014 leavers
Click here to read the work experience impact statistics summary
At Carew Academy, Work Experience is an integral part of the Year 10 and Year 11 curriculum.
Work Experience gives students a greater understanding of the world of work and prepares students for the responsibilities of adult life. The Carew Academy Work Experience Programmes in both 2013-2014 and 2014-15 were extremely successful, as can be seen by clicking on the link below.
We are particularly proud of those students who have secured part-time or full-time employment (apprenticeship) following their successful Work Experience placements.
Work Experience Statistics 2014
Almost 100% of our Y10 and Y11 students successfully participated in Work Experience in February and March 2014, with punctuality rates being a fantastic 100% for both year groups.
Summary of data from Pupil Work Experience Feedback Survey
• 100% of pupils strongly agree that they better understand the skills and personal qualities that employers look for after participating in the Work Experience Scheme.
• 85.2% of pupils strongly agree that they found their jobs to be very or mostly enjoyable.
• 88.9% of pupils strongly agree that they had developed new skills following their Work Experience.
• 92.6% of pupils strongly agree that they had developed their communication skills whilst participating in the Work Experience Programme.
• 100% of pupils strongly agree that they better understand why it is important to do well in school following their Work Experience.
• 96.3% of pupils strongly agree that they had gained experience of working with colleagues in different roles.
• 88.9% of pupils strongly agree that they were clearer about their future in education and their careers after participating in the Work Experience Scheme.