Together we will build a fun, safe and caring school that promotes the joy of learning, high personal achievement, respect for individual differences, dignity for all and equal opportunities by eliminating discrimination.
We will provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, engaging and interesting, focused on the individual needs of each pupil and able to develop academic, functional, vocational and creative skills.
We will nurture, encourage and listen to every voice in our community, including pupils, parents and carers, friends and staff. Maximising the potential of every pupil will be placed at the heart of all decision making.
All young people will be valued for their individual contributions and their talents celebrated.
We will support all pupils to leave as confident and independent individuals, armed with the necessary skills to ensure that they can advocate effectively for themselves.
We will support pupils to pursue their ambitions, attain full social inclusion and achieve a high quality of life.
Carew Academy will be the school of choice for parents, carers and families who require the specialist skills, knowledge and understanding of our staff for their children. Through consistently high support and challenge, pupils will maximise their talents and abilities and achieve their ambitions.
• Have the highest standards and expectations for success
• Ensure mutual respect for every person connected with the school
• Be honest, open and continuously communicate with pupils, families and staff
• Always be a strong advocate for Carew Academy – be proud of our school
• Recognise, develop and reward the skills of all associated with the school